What is that WebCake?
WebCake is not a handy application, which can improve your surfing experience by displaying the best deals and discount vouchers when you enter certain commercial Web site. WebCake is a potentially unwanted program, spyware, which can get into the system with no permissions requested and start interrupting you when you begin each of your navigation meetings. Basically, the program creates more disadvantages than advantages because it demonstrates its ongoing warnings on all Internet the browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Besides, you can easily modify the home page, the default search and other options without their knowledge. While it does not has the malicious code such as malware or unauthorized antispyware, we do not recommend that you leave WebCake on the computer.
How WebCake occupies my PC?
As we have said, WebCake can enter computer’s system not only after you download it manually from its official website. It can also take on the target PC without the permission requested bundled with freeware, shareware and similar purposes. Usually, you can avoid this by to keep an eye on each Setup window of the software you wish to install. In also, you should check all unknown items. As once it is inside, WebCake embeds the code in each of your Internet browser and starts disrupting the victims with the constant pop-up advertisings. Note that such programmes were created NOT to show the best deals to you. They can also be used to monitor your surfing habits and gather information about users. If you’re bored by the constant pop-up advertising and business communications from WebCake, you must uninstall that application without delay.
How to delete WebCake?
When attempting to remove WebCake, you must uninstall it firstly by Add/Remove Programs list.
For that, follow these steps:
- Click Start-> Control Panel-> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs)-> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, search for WebCake and choose ‘ Uninstall/Change ‘.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Additionally, if you have not installed the program deliberately, you are strongly recommended to scan your system with up-to-date SpyHunter to make sure that the PC is free from viruses.
Finally, solve each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, move ‘ Tools ‘ -> ” Manage Add-ons ‘ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, search for WebCake and then click ‘ remove ‘.
- Now start IE once and select Tools-> Internet Option-> General page.
- Enter Google or other addresses to make it a default home page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, move ‘ Tools ‘ -> ‘ Add-ons ‘ -> ‘ Extensions ‘ .
- Find WebCake and then click ‘ Uninstall ‘ .
- Now free Mozilla Firefox once more, going to Tools-> Options-> General-> Startup and choose ‘ Show the blank page ‘ when Firefox Starts or set a specific site, as Google or something similar.
- Open Google Chrome, click the wench symbol, click settings and select ‘ Manage a search engine ‘.
- Change the search engine google and other and remove WebCake from the list.
- Then Go article ” On begin ” and make sure that you get empty page when creating a new page.